Here are come clips from the letters Rembo has been writing to Steph and I Slightly edited for broader distribution, but pretty much Rembo live. I have his permission to send to the broader BB group. Love ya, Sid April 29, 2008
Hey I just wanted to write you and tell you how it is going so far. I am all settled and the room looks a lot better with some human presence. It is not that bad with everyone here. When we get things a little more clean I will take pictures of the room and the front room and kitchen. I went to my first class and this young man walks in and turns on the teacher computer. Everyone in the class figured that he was probably the IT guy or something. Then he proceeded to pull up his slides and talk about his wife of ONE year and how he went to G ermany on his mission TWO years ago. He is 24 and his TA is the same age. Wow. He seems to be pretty down to earth and he teaches us like we know nothing which is a good thing I guess.
Anyway it was a good day in class. The first night was good and I now know what you said that if you have a good bed everything is good. It was a blast getting to hang out with Spencer for the week he was so nice to let m e stay there. I got to see the pictures of the family and it looks like you had a good time with the Porters. I wish that I could have been there. Nathan is really tall. How tall is he? Anyway... I love you guys.
Hey just writing to tell you how I have been. This week was pretty crazy. I like my new calc teacher he is not as bad as I thought he was going to be. I thought that he was going to teach like he had something to prove but he has been really good. I like the way he teaches and we have not gone over anything that I don't know yet so in that department I am doing great. In the Heidi department it is really the same I guess I am just going to let things play out how they do. W e are all finally moved in and it is not looking too bad. The biggest problem is there is just one fridge fo r everyone and I have still not gotten used to what I need to get to eat. But I think that that will come later. There is no room in the fridge for things that we use, but that seems to be the only problem. It is really cold and has been for the last couple days and I have had to walk to class but that is not a big deal. I sat next to th is girl in class. She is really cool and we helped each other with the work and that was fun. I am looking forward to going to the new ward see if there are any cool people that I can meet. I am also looking forward to the next family Sunday dinner I really love those. Kurt and I are getting to bed really early lately and I have been feeling a lot better. All and all I am loving it up here. I miss you guys though.
REM May 3, 2008 American Idol report - I was not able to watch it. I hope Jason does not go home. W ho went home last week? I am going to see if anyone around has a TV that I can watch it on. Today was really cold though it was almost like winter. I had to wear a coat to go on the moped. My class went well we are still learning things that I knew from high school and from last semester so I am feeling pretty good about it. I have met all of the roommates and they all seem to be pretty cool. There is one of them that works with the CEO of some bank and does really good for him self. The other one works for a rehab for criminals. So we got a pretty good group. Have a great day with the Big Boss. I love you
REM May 4, 2008 So the first day in the new ward was not that bad. I m ean there are no cute girls but I think that it might be better. No distraction in sacrament or in other ward activities. So check this out I signed up to be in institu te and it is going to be 2 credits and I will get an A if I go to 11 of the 13 classes. So that will be an easy A. I like the ward okay. I got to hang out with Curtis and Dano because Dano got his W isdom teeth out and we went and visited him. It was fun. I also met this girl named Sarah and she is a lot of fun. We have been texting pretty much all day. I also went to my first bon fire last night with some friends that I met. It was a lot of fun we sang around the fire. I love you
REM May 5, 2008 I fasted for Freddy yesterday. I have a little more time on my hands so it is a lot easier to write letters more often. The weather was great today. I was able to go to class without a jacket so early in the morning. I woke up at 7:45 and I only had 10 m ins to get ready and I did it in good time. So I think that I am going to start getting up a little later now that I know that I can do it. So yesterday was the first ward prayer that we had. They came to our apartm ent to interview all 6 of us and we all stood up in front of the ward and they said 3 things about us and the ward tried to guess which one of us it was. So that was fun. Then as part of my calling is to afterwards I go door to door and hand out these nice notes that everyone writes to each other and place into a pot. Then I take them to people. I like it because now everyone is going to associate me with the nice notes so maybe everyone will think that I am nice. I love you REM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment